Friday, February 1, 2008

Chicken and Corn Chili

Recipe #2 that I'm trying this weekend. Use your imagination and season as you like. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocadoes, etc. Don't forget the tortillas!

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
2 teaspoons garlic powder (I think I'm going to use the real thing though)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 can (11 oz.) Mexican-style corn (I think I'll go for the frozen, as I like it better than canned corn)
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans

Directions:

Place chicken and salsa in the slow cooker the night before you want to eat this chili. Season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 6-8 hours on Low.

About 3-4 hours prior to serving, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Return the meat to the pot and continue cooking.

Stir the corn and the pinto beans into the slow cooker and simmer until ready to serve.

2 comments:

Petitis Bijoux said...

If you found this on allrecipes I believe I tried the same one. It turned out really nicely, but I did make some changes. I've used it to fill enchiladas and tacos, very tasty.

Chocolate and Steel said...

Thanks for the art tip. I'll check him out.

Now, mmmmmm, this all looks so good. I bookmarked it for those nights I don't know what to do.