Cut both limes in half lengthwise. Scoop out all the fruit with a spoon. Place the limes in a muffin tin to keep them from tipping over. Make the box of Jello according to the Jiggler directions. Carefully spoon Jello into the limes halves. Chill until almost firm. Using a skewer push the mini chocolate chips into the Jello for "watermelon seeds." Chill until until firm, then cut into slices. (Got this cute idea from: Chocolate on My Cranium)
This recipe is from 'The America's Test Kitchen' cookbook (this a condensed version)
1) Mix dry ingredients together in bowl: 3 1/2 c flour (substitute 1 c wheat flour if desire) 2 t salt 1 pkg dry active yeast
2) Heat liquids to about 110 degrees F: (using warm milk and water is key for proper rising time. If the water is too hot, it will kill the yeast, and it is too cold, the dough will take much longer to rise) 1 c milk 1/4 c water 3 T melted butter 3 T honey
3) Pour liquids into dry ingredients and mix on low for about 1 minute and then on medium-low for about 10 minutes (I mix for a bit less if using wheat flour).
4) Remove dough and knead by hand for 1 minute and then put dough into a greased bowl (make sure you cover bowl with saran wrap) and let rise about 1 1/2 hours (or until doubled in size).
5) Remove dough and knead by hand for 1 minute. Form dough into desired shape and place in bread pan to let rise for another 45 min - 1 hr. Again, keep covered in saran wrap. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place small pan of boiling water in oven and keep it there while bread is baking.
6) Spread top of dough with 1 T melted butter and then place in oven to bake for about 40 min. or until golden brown on top (sometimes I take it out a bit earlier).
We have an obsession with making pizza at our house. It's just so quick and easy - and a classic, everyone-loves-it dish! But, even classics need a little shake up. My friend gave me a list from a ward cookbook of some uncommon, but appealing toppings that I wanted to share. Here are the ones that sounded the best to me:
Ham, pineapple, dried cherries, Mozzarella
Asparagus, broccoli, summer squash, peas, Mozzarella, white Cheddar, tomatoes
Avocado, Parmesan, tomato, sweet onion
Barbecued chicken, Mozzarella, smoked Gouda, sweet red onion, cilantro
Bacon, tomato, lettuce
Refried beans, shredded or ground beef, green chilies, salsa, cilantro, olives
Super easy meal you can throw together ahead of time and refrigerate.
1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked 1-1/2 cups hot water 1 Tbsp. TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.) 1 each green and red pepper, cut into strips 1/2 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa 1/2 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Taco Cheese
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
FOLD up all sides of each of 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil to form 1-inch rim; spray with cooking spray. Combine rice, water and taco seasoning; spoon onto foil. Top with remaining ingredients.
BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1-inch pan.
BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Let stand 5 min. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.
1 cup chopped carrots 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 tablespoon butter 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped 1 medium zucchini, chopped
In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook carrots and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13 minutes.
Stir in the yellow squash and zucchini. Cover and simmer 6-10 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Combine chicken, soy sauce and salt. Cook rice in hot oil over medium heat until golden brown. Reduce heat, add chicken mixture to rice and add broth. Simmer, covered for 20-25 minutes. Remove cover the last few minutes and stir in onion, green pepper and celery. Cook uncovered over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Push rice mixture to sides, add eggs in middle and cook until almost set, then blend into rice. Stir in lettuce and serve with soy sauce.
Here's what I am going to make for our BBQs tomorrow. I might make them individual sized though, I haven't decided. Anyways it looks like a pretty easy yummy idea so I thought I'd share. Have a happy 4th!
Ingredients: 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon almond extract 1 cup fresh blueberries 1 cup fresh raspberries 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
Directions: Press cookie dough onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Spread over crust. In center of tart, arrange berries in the shape of a star; add a berry border. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.