Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Potato & Onion Chowder

Its soup season!! My favorite!! I made this twice last week and each time forgot to take a pic. I'm sure I'll be making it again soon and will upload a pic then.

1 cup diced onions
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 Tbsp butter
1 can (about 14oz) condensed chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
2 cups cubed potatoes (i usually put in a little more, whatever 2 large potatoes give me)
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup light cream
1 tsp. chopped parsley (I will use dry parsley sometimes, still tastes good)

Saute onions & celery in butter until transparent, but not browned. Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and potatoes. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add milk, light cream, and parsley. Heat thoroughly. Makes about 4-5 servings.



No comments: