Friday, February 5, 2010

Cranberry Chicken


This is really similar to the Apricot Chicken recipe I posted before, but worth a try if you feel like mixing it up a bit. There are lots of variations to this recipe, but here's the one I used from Favorite Family Recipes:

3-4 chicken breasts
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 pkg. chopped pecans
1 bottle Catalina dressing
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

Place chicken in baking pan. Generously spread cranberry sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle pecans and onion soup mix over chicken. Pour catalina dressing over top. Bake lightly covered with foil at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.

I couldn't find whole berry cranberry sauce, so i just used the jellied kind and it was fine. I've seen variations that use French dressing instead of Catalina, and raisins instead of chopped pecans.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Nancy!

I hd no idea you had this blog...looks fantastic. I had been thinking about you recently and wondering how you are doing. Thank you for offering to send me the book. I'd love it. My address is
1111 Ridge Park Drive Concord 94518.

Hope all is well. I'll hang on to this url...everything looks yummy!

Bonnie said...

Nancy, thank you so much I received the book. So gnerous of you! Hugs, B