Found on Cooking Light
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- Cooking spray
- 10 (1-ounce) slices French bread (soft bread such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly, stirring constantly. Pour mixture evenly into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Arrange bread slices in a single layer over syrup in dish.
Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over bread.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 314 (21% from fat)
- 7.2g (sat 3.2g,mono 2.8g,poly 0.6g)