Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cake Batter Cookies- So Many Options!



So these aren't anything fancy, but when it's 8 or 9:00 and I'm ready to watch American Idol with a yummy treat this is a quick option that hits the spot. And if you stock up on cake mixes when they are on sale for 88 cents at the store it's a cheap way to go. Although this might be where the extra pregnancy pounds are coming from...

So you can use any cake batter to make a cookie using the general recipe of

1 cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

Then pop 'em in the oven at 350 for about 9 minutes.

I mainly use devils food cake mix but I've also tried yellow cake mix and funfetti. Then I like to get creative with marshmallows on top, different frostings, roll them in sugar or powdered sugar, candy rolled inside (this is the base recipe for Rolo cookies), or last week I threw some extra chocolate chip cookie dough in.

No comments: