Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cafe Rio, YUM

Wow, 4 posts in a row. I guess i'm the only one not super busy with Christmas right now.

Well I found this on the Recipe Queens' website . I hope it's legit because i definitely have to try it now. Here's the entry:

Cafe Rio Shredded Pork Salad with Ranch Dressing
OK, I had not been to Cafe Rio until 6 month ago and the food indeed is yummy. My friend gave me this recipe which she got hand me down from all over Utah and she promised that this is the exact recipe for their Shredded Pork Salad with the green dressing. Real copy or not, this is divine. Enjoy!

Pork

Night Before:

3 ½ to 4 lb. Pork Roast
2 Tbs Brown sugar
1 to 1 ½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt

Mix together and rub on pork roast. Put in crock pot on low. Cook all night.

Next morning, add:
1 can coke
1 cup chicken stock
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped

Keep cooking all day in crock pot on Low.

About an hour before serving, shred roast and add:

1 cup brown sugar

Salad Dressing:

1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing Mix
8 oz. can Salsa Verde
2 cloves garlic
¾ cup Mayo
¾ cup sour cream
¼ tsp Tabasco Sauce
¼- ½ cup fresh cilantro

Mix in blender. Add lime juice to taste. Mix ahead of time and chill it for several hours. It can be thinned with buttermilk if needed.

I serve this over Shredded Lettuce and crunched up tortilla chips and top with beans, pork, dressing, cheese. The dressing makes a ton.... Yum

5 comments:

Diana said...

Good work Jenny! Way to keep the recipe blog going, and especially with the Cafe Rio pork AND dressing. . .I am definetly trying these recipes in the near future!

mamasuisse said...

Thank you for this one! That's my Cafe Rio favorite - I can't wait to try it.

thegreatscotts said...

Yea! I have wanted this recipe! :)

Jenny... I haven't posted anything cause I haven't made anything cause I have a wonderful mother in law who cooks incredible meals... I asked for a really cool cookbook for Christmas so I can bless this blog with some more yummy recipes!:)

Taralee said...

Has anyone tried this recipe who has had cafe rio? how did it turn out? Is it like the real thing?

Diana said...

YES!!!! The Pork is amazing and the dressing is just divine. I love it!