Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oreo Truffle Balls


My friend Sandi gave me one of these the other day to try, and I liked it so much I ran out and bought some Oreos to make my own. We had the missionaries over tonight and they really liked them too. I just made some cake balls a few weeks ago and these were much easier I thought.

1 package Oreo cookies
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
Chocolate chips or melting chocolate

Crush up Oreos in a food processor (or crush them up in a plastic bag with a rolling pin). Mix with cream cheese until its mixed through evenly. Roll into little balls and refrigerate for an hour.


Melt chocolate chips and dip. The way I do it is put chocolate chips in a microwave safe mug (that way it's deep enough for dipping), and microwave on 30% power for 1 1/2 minutes, stir, and repeat until melted. Sometimes I add a teaspoon of shortening to thin out the chocolate some.

To dip I used toothpicks and that worked pretty well.
Place dipped Oreo balls on wax paper and refrigerate. They taste great right out of the fridge.

1 comment:

JS said...

I did these for enrichment activity. THey are so good, but I can only eat one, then run 6 miles and then I feel like I can eat another! :)

We made ours look like kisses and gave them for Valentine's day!