...with sweet potato and cauliflower.
Ok... here is another yummy healthy meal from that cookbook. Jenny, I will tell you my secret. I don't want to puree EVERYTHING. Somethings are too hard to puree like sweet potatoes and squash, so I buy some baby food. One Gerber baby food is exactly 1/2 a cup. For the cauliflower and everything else it is super easy, but baby food is a good alternative. :)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tbsp flour
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp fat free sour cream
1/2 C sweet potato puree
1/2 C grated Parmesan
1 (26 ounce) or 2 (15 ounce) cans whole, peeled tomatoes, wiht their juice
1 small onion, chopped
1 C lowfat cottage cheese
1 large egg white
1/2 C cauliflower puree
1 (8 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles
2 C shredded part-skim mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Coat an 8x12 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. For the meat filling, brown turkey springk with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and half of the garlic, stir, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Off the heat, stir in the sour cream, sweet potato puree, and half (1/4 c) of the Parmesan cheese, set aside.
3. For the sauce, combine the tomatoes and juice. the onion, and the remaining garlic and Parmesan (1/4 c) in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Transfer the sauce to a bowl or large measuring cup. Or use jarred sauce and just add Parmesan.
4. In the same blender or food processor, blend the cottage cheese, egg white, and cauliflower puree until smooth; set aside.
5. To assemble, spread 1 C of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. Layer about one-third of the noodles on top, covering the sauce completely. Spread the meat filling over them. Cover with another one third of the noodles and then spread all of the cottage cheese mixture over them. Make another layer with the rest of the noodles and spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the top. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella.
6. Cover the lasagna with foil and bake until the cheese has melted and the noodles are cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes longer or until the top is bubble and browned.