Monday, November 3, 2008
2 Tbsp butter
1 medium chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tsp Indian chili powder (use less if you don't like spicy)
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 can chopped tomatoes (including juice)
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 whole rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed and cut into bite-size pieces
1/3 c half-and-half
1/4 c sour cream
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1. Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
2. Add ginger, chili powder, turmeric and cinnamon. Cook and stir for one minute.
3. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add chicken, half-and-half and sour cream. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes more.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro. Serve over basmati rice or Indian Fried Rice.