Monday, November 3, 2008

Corn with Sour Cream and Coconut

I made this for the first time last night with an all Indian dinner, and it was SO GOOD. It's my new favorite corn recipe. And of course, I forgot to take pictures. Next time.

2 c. frozen corn
3 T oil (I used coconut oil)
1 tsp cumin seed
1 med onion, chopped
1 Serrano pepper, finely diced (use 1/2 if you don't like much spice)
1 tsp salt
1 pinch turmeric
¾ c. sour cream or plain yogurt
1/4 c. unsweetened shredded coconut (you can get this in a health food store)

1. Saute onion and cumin seed in oil until onion is clear.
2. Add serrano pepper, corn, sour cream (or yogurt), salt, turmeric, ½ - 1 cup water.
3. Cover and cook over medium until simmering. Remove lid and cook until sauce thickens.
4. Add coconut.

Next time, I'm going to try it with yogurt instead of sour cream so it will be healthier.

No comments: