Thursday, April 24, 2008

Heaven in the Form of Molten Chocolate Cake


I will preface this with my usual reminder that presentation is not my strong point. 

I wish I had a picture from the first time I tried to make these. They looked so deformed and were sooo nasty. (The picture above is my success story if that gives you any idea). Nobody likes burnt chocolate. My problem was that I don't have the fancy little ramikins so I tried to use mugs and it wasn't pretty. 

My second try was much better! I put them in a cupcake pan and cooked them for about 10 minutes. Pure perfection! Try them, love them.

Ingredients:
5 ounces semi sweet chocolate
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
5 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup whipped cream

Stir chocolate and butter over low heat til smooth. Remove from heat and cool
10 minutes stirring
occasionally.

Mix eggs, yolks, sugar, vanilla, salt in medium bowl about six minutes, thick
ribbon should fall when beaters are lifted.

Fold in flour, fold in chocolate mixture. Grease ramikins. Put in ramikins and
let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400. Bake about 15 minutes until tops are puffed and dry. Cool
cakes 5 minutes.

2 comments:

JS said...

glad to see you got them right. when do i get to try them?

Gabrielle said...

Chocolate!!!!!! Lol!