Monday, November 12, 2007

Ten Minute Tomato Soup

I am the LAST person you would get any type of cooking advice from!! I NEVER cook but decided to get a little creative the other night. I wanted something quick, easy and not FAST FOOD!! I love tomato soup and it was a little gloomy outside so it sounded perfect. I found that if you add just a few other ingredients to your soup, you can have a really yummy tomato soup. This literally takes no more than 10 minutes!! You really don't have to "cook", just be able to chop, heat, stir and serve. If I can do it...anyone can!! Enjoy...

Ingredients:


2-4 cans/bowls of Campbell's Creamy Tomato Soup
1/2-1 clove of garlic
1 package of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice
1 package of Kraft Shredded Cheese

1. Pour desired amounts of soup into a pot. (You can buy the soup that all you need to do is heat up or buy the actual cans of soup that you would add milk to)

2. Microwave the Ready Rice. (just takes 90 seconds!!)

3. Chop up some garlic. (I usually use at least a 1/2 clove, just depends on how much you like garlic)

4. When the rice is done, just pour it into the soup. Make sure to stir your soup!!

5. Add your garlic and continue to stir.

6. When the soup is at your desired temperature, add as much shredded cheese as you want. Stir after you add the cheese and allow it to melt.

7. Serve and enjoy!!! I sometimes add some more cheese once it is poured into my bowl!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

yeah cara! i'm so excited you joined the blog. thanks for sharing- i would never have thought to put rice in the soup but the soup needs a little extra weight to it so i bet that is perfect! i like to have grilled cheese with my tomato soup on cold days...yum.

Jenny said...

PS I like your label