I don't know where this recipe came from, but I grew up with it, and it is my kids' favorite breakfast. They are always so excited when I make it. Of course, you can make the pancakes with white flour, too, but I prefer the texture of the whole wheat pancakes with the pecans and orange syrup. The syrup is also great on waffles. Enjoy!
1 ¼ c. flour (whole wheat is great!)
1 T. baking powder
1 T. sugar
½ t. salt
1 c. milk
2 T. oil
½ c. concentrated frozen orange juice
1 cube butter
1 c. sugar
1. Mix together dry ingredients
2. Mix together wet ingredients and add to flour mixture.
3. Mix just until moist.
4. (For buttermilk pancakes, add ½ t. baking soda, reduce baking powder to 2 t. and substitute buttermilk for milk.)
5. Cook on griddle
Method for Syrup:
1. Mix and stir all ingredients over heat until melted, but don't boil.
2. Serve warm with toasted chopped pecans