Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Favorite Sugar Cookies



I wish I could say I had made those, but they are way too pretty to be my decorations. Thanks to Jessica for this recipe. These are the best sugar cookies I have tasted, they always come out soft.

Cookies:

3 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup dairy sour cream

Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and beat until well mixed. Chill dought about an hour. Roll out 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick on lightly powdered board. Cut into desired shapes. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Makes 2 1/2-3 dozen cookies


Frosting:

Combine 1/3 cup butter softened, 3 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons milk

Yum Yum!

1 comment:

mamasuisse said...

The frosting is better if you brown your butter a little on the stove first.